My Mum Tracy Beaker review

 

WARNING:

THE BANDERSNATCH BLOG CONTAINS INFORMATION AND OPINIONS THAT THE PUBLIC MIGHT FIND OFFENSIVE. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION WILL BE CHECKED AND OPINIONS DO NOT REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF THE MAIN BLOGGER HERSELF.


Hey there Earthlings, Alternatives and Trollers. Put down that mouse and lend an ear. Welcome to The Bandersnatch blog where we talk weird, wacky and wondrous. I'm Mama Ogre and I have no idea what I'm doing.


Random blog day boo yah. As you should know Fridays is random blog day were we talk anything and everything and pretty much run with it. Today's blog is on the recent TV show My Mum Tracy Beaker.


Based on the book of the same name which was released on October 4th 2018,written by author Jacqueline Wilson and published by publishers Doubleday. My Mum Tracy Beaker is the follow-up TV show to TV shows the Story of Tracy Beaker, Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground.


The season consists of three episodes and revolves around the life of Tracy Beaker along with daughter Jess. The cast had several new actors including Emma Maggie Davies as Jess Beaker and returning actors Dani Harmer, Lisa Coleman, Ruth Gemmell and Montanna Thompson returned as their previous charecters Tracy Beaker, Cam Lawson, Carly Beaker and Justine Littlewood respectively.


When I heard of a new Tracy Beaker TV show I was excited, and when I heard it was based off a new Tracy Beaker book I was even more excited...at last new material from Ms Wilson. Anyway I will be getting my hands on a copy of the book and reading it in due course. Watching the show I was hit by a wave of late 90's early 2000's nostalgia and was especially grateful that several actors had returned to play the charecters they had done so before, it added to the show and it wouldn't have worked otherwise.


The story line was awesome definitely worked with what's considered the history/material of Tracy beaker however the timing /pacing was a little off and somewhat jumpy, as if they were trying to get a tonne of info into the episodes. With there being three episodes I can sort of understand that but it didn't quite help. My favourite actor was Emma Maggie Davies as Jess Beaker and love the fact its told from her perspective rather than Tracy's, it sort of hands it down to another generation. My favourite moment in the show is with Tracy telling her mother that Jess comes first in everything showing both Tracy has grown as an adult and shows how hurt she was as a child that Carly didn't do what she did and just out her into care I also appreciate the moment shows Tracy forgiving her mother for what happened.


I highly recommend this show for a new generation of teens and nostalgia chasers and ultimately give the show an 8/10.


COVID-19 NOTICE:


Remember to follow your governments guidelines during this time.


If you follow any creative artists, content creators or the like and cannot buy any of their merch but consume their content keep an eye out for their Patreon and donate a small amount if you wish, that will help the creative community thrive.


STAY SAFE, STAY INFORMED, STAY ALIVE.


If you wish to contact for whatever reason and/or work with The Bandersnatch blog the Business Email is:


TheBandersnatch@yahoo.com.


THE WEBSITE BIBLIOGRAPHY:



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Wilson


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Mum_Tracy_Beaker


https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000s4xw


https://linktr.ee/TheBandersnatchsMamaOgre


https://www.patreon.com/BandernsatchBlog


And there you have it, we'll be leaving this here for today. Please be considerate when you leave a comment. Share with others if you want or not. Don't forget We HAVE PATREON! please consider becoming a Patreon today, link is in the bibliography above. Tuesday is book blog day and remember all abuse will be tracked and reported to the appropriate people.


THIS IS THE BANDERSNATCH, I'M MAMA OGRE AND REMEMBER STAY WEIRD, STAY WACKY, STAY WONDEROUS AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Witcher: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski.

The George Hotel

The Witcher; The Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski.